Thread: Some servers are not listed in Hyena

Some servers are not listed in Hyena

Hello!

I have some domain servers that are not automatically listed in Hyena.

I can add them manually but howcome they're not automatically listed?

Administrator

Re: Some servers are not listed in Hyena

I assume you mean under the Servers folder? The Servers folder is built from your Windows Browse List, so missing servers indicates they are missing from your browse list for some reason. If you can fix that they will dynamically show up again in Hyena.

Keep in mind all computer accounts including servers can be found either under Computers or under Containers/OUs.
    Chuck McCullough
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Yes, exactly.

I found a server where NetBIOS was disabled. I then enabled it and now it appears in the browse list also.

Have you seen this behaviour before or do you know if this would be the common soloution?

Thanks!

Administrator

Yes, since NetBIOS is used by Windows Browsing.
    Chuck McCullough

I'm experiencing that sometimes servers doesn't show up in Hyena even though NetBIOS is enabled. So sometimes when I browse I don't see all the servers.

I know it's not a Hyena problem but would it be possible to manually add servers to a group in Hyena?

Like e.g. create a group called Windows 2008 servers and then herein put all the Windows 2008 servers. Then I would be sure that all of the servers is chosen when I need to do some exporting from them.

Administrator

You can create an Object Grouping in Hyena under File->Manage Object View->Objects. You will have to manually add the servers you want to that list, and you'll also have to maintain it. The other option would be if you keep servers in a particular OU you can navigate to, or create a shortcut to that OU (also under File->Manage Object View->Objects.
    Chuck McCullough

Thank you! It's working with AD link.