Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We need Win7/64 RC support!

Did you try to contract TightVNC support to see if they had any ideas ? A quick search showed that there is a problem with the Aero interface on Vista, which I think Windows 7 uses by default. You can try dumbing down the client display to see if it works and go backwards from there.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

One step ahead

Hello,

now VNC Server starts and i am prompted to login with my password. User name is grayed.
    After "OK" a message "TightVNC Authentication info: Server is not configured properly" pops up.
    The Server is a 2008 R2 machine.
    Do you have ideas ?
    Thanks + Regards

Are you able to just run the regular VNC Viewer outside of Hyena and get the same behavior ?
    Kevin Stanush

Quote Originally Posted by missioncritical View Post
    Are you able to just run the regular VNC Viewer outside of Hyena and get the same behavior ?
    Hello, no, i have the same issue. VNCVIEWER connects, "USername" is inactive/grey, and with the configurated password the same message appears:
    Server is not configurated properly.
    Thanks

Yeah, we also have that Windows 7 Black Screen. I was about to pay for the upgrade maintenance as I thought the upgrade would fix it, but apparently not. Resolve this issue, then we'll pay our maintenance.

Administrator
    Black screen in VNC is beyond our control, unfortunately. If you are using TightVNC you can experiment with the .rcm file by missioncritical in this post to see it that helps:

http://www.systemtools.com/toolboard...TightVNC/page2
    Chuck McCullough

Quote Originally Posted by cmccullough View Post
    Black screen in VNC is beyond our control, unfortunately. If you are using TightVNC you can experiment with the .rcm file by missioncritical in this post to see it that helps:

http://www.systemtools.com/toolboard...TightVNC/page2
    My issue with that is that the main reason we use Hyena is for the Remote capabilities. If TightVNC doesn't work right, then there is no reason to purchase the maintenance contract. You guys should be testing what version VNC will work with Windows 7 computers. If that is beyond your control like you say, then you must not mind losing money.

Administrator
    I understand your frustration, as it's frustrating for us too. The problem is we are trying to front-end, and push files of a product that we have no control over, and that seems to increasingly want you to run its install. In earlier versions of VNC it was a fairly straightforward process in that we copy the client files, install a service, run the viewer and off you go. Since that time with the changes to the various flavors of VNC along with the tightened security of Windows 7, this is no longer as straightforward as it was before. We have done much testing on this, and in fact I spent quite a bit of time back and forth with VNC support and was never able to get to a usable solution for what we are trying to accomplish. Fortunately, the thread mentioned above gave us an option to get TightVNC working in the majority of cases. I've pointed customers to that thread many, many times since it was resolved, and it has worked great.

Since VNC and TightVNC aren't our products, it makes it very difficult for us to troubleshoot issues that happen once you are in their product, especially with the many different environments and potential configurations out there. We are able to accomplish this in our products, but because we own the code and are able to debug, etc.
    Chuck McCullough