Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 32 or 64bit OS?

Administrator
    I forgot to add that using this method you don't have to install Hyena on a different computer, just select one using those steps above, and still run Hyena from your XP or 2003 server. You are just using the Win 7 or 2008 as a reference to get the other properties.
    Chuck McCullough
    SystemTools Software Inc.

How about some query looking for the Program Files (x86), it's simple and only found on 64 bit systems?

Also, if your using say WSUS for patching. This information would be found in the WSUS database.
    Last edited by Trammel; 03-02-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Trammel's post got me to thinking:

On way to tell on a single computer is just to look at the Environment tab on the computer properties. There are a couple of variables for processor, but for the O/S, the Path will probably contain a reference to (x86) for program files, which as Trammel pointed out, would only exist on an x64 system. As a bonus, you can run the Environment Variables registry export in Exporter Pro on all of the computers and that would give you the variables without having to look at the file system.
    Kevin Stanush

Thanks Kevin

My environment path begins with C:\program files (x86) for my computer object environment tab.

Thanks for your information here. This is what I've been looking for. One question: How do I suppress all the pop-up messages stating it couldn't ping or find a computer during a WMI query? I'd like to start the query and walk away or move do a different task while it's running.

Thanks,
    Dave

Administrator
    Go to Tools->Settings->Logging, double-click on WMI - Run Query and uncheck the box to Show popup errors when processing multiple computers.
    Chuck McCullough

Quote Originally Posted by cmccullough View Post
    Go to Tools->Settings->Logging, double-click on WMI - Run Query and uncheck the box to Show popup errors when processing multiple computers.
    You don't know how long I have had to click the pop up messages. I never knew how to disable that annoying thing