Hyena v8.8 rev 'F'
Hyena v8.8 has been updated to rev 'F'. This update includes all the latest fixes since the original release plus a few minor features.
If you missed the v8.8 release announcement, the primary new feature in Hyena v8.8 is support for the new Windows 2.0 Task Scheduler used by Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008. Options include viewing all scheduled tasks on one or more computers, viewing tasks by folder location, showing running tasks, task termination and more.
Changes in rev 'F' include:
- Fixed problem with Hyena crashing at startup due to large registry key in HKCR on Windows 7/8 computers.
- Fixed problem with double entries on the Computer Properties > Software dialog when used on an x86 system to view a remote x64 system's software.
- Fixed problem with Hyena crashing when viewing the local groups on a Windows 8 computer.
- Added the SID and SamAccountName attributes to the Active Directory Recycle Bin (View Deleted Objects) display.
- Added the Local Users and Local Groups to Linux/Samba server tree nodes
- Added option to include %domain% and %name% in the file name when running the Group Policy Report option
To download Hyena v8.8 or the update, visit http://www.systemtools.com/hyena/download.htm. The downloads for x86 and x64 are available in English, French, German, and Spanish.
For a complete list of changes and revision history, visit the Hyena - What's New page.
Hyena v9.0 BETA
The beta version of Hyena v9.0 is now available. While there will be a number of interesting features in this release, the main new feature is support for the EVTX (Crimson) event log format. More work is still ongoing, but to get notified of beta updates, join our beta list by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Help Resources
SystemTools has always taken product support very seriously. Next to providing industry-leading software features, support and customer service are one of our main priorities. Some changes we've recently implemented:
Updated FAQs for Support and Sales - We've updated our FAQs for support and sales, and created a new main support page on our site. To read the new FAQs, visit:
New Support Ticket System - We've also opened our internal support system to the public, so that customers can open their own support tickets if they choose to. This is especially useful for our many non-US customers and for after-hours support. Our support ticket system is available on our main support page: