Hyena 11.0 - Coming Soon
Hyena v11.0, scheduled to be released in a few months, will include several enhancements to the Microsoft Exchange integration components, including:
- Support for Exchange 2010 mailbox retention policies, including incorporating retention policies in mailbox templates.
- Archival mailbox creation, removal, and properties display.
- Exchange mailbox properties for distribution groups and mail contacts.
The biggest addition in Hyena v11.0, however, will be the added capability to modify Active Directory objects in mass by importing from a text file, including:
- Creating new directory objects
- Bulk updating of existing directory objects, including multi-valued attributes, user photos, account attributes, and more.
- Optional automatic creation of home directories using current Hyena home directory templates.
- Extensive error detection prior to updating
- Logging capabilities
- GUI task-based design for ease-of-use and repetitive task execution
With the scheduled release in a few months, now is an excellent time to verify your organization's license maintenance expiration dates to ensure that this major upgrade can be installed for free. See the Hyena Maintenance section below for information on how to check your license maintenance expiration date.
Hyena 10.5 'E' available
We've made what will probably be the final revision to Hyena v10.5, in order to address some specific (and rare) issues, including:
- Correcting removal of leading character when displaying some Exchange mailbox database names.
- Fixed errors when modifying the group member query while viewing the group's members.
For a complete list of changes in the Hyena 10.5 release, see our Whats New page.
The 10.5 rev 'E' update can be downloaded from Hyena's main download page.
New "Group Member Matrix" Video
The 'Group Member Matrix' view, introduced in Hyena v10.5, is a new view that shows all group members of one or more groups in an easy to understand grid. The Matrix view was also optimized for exporting as well, with flexible settings and customizable member fields (ie user email address, employee ID, etc.).
For a better view of the Matrix along with a short video showing how to use it, see the Active Directory User and Group Management page.
Updated Knowledge Base Articles
We've recently updated and added new Technical Guides to the Knowledge Base area of the SystemTools.com website located here:
Bulletins updated with new content include:
Reporting NTFS and Share Permissions in Hyena and Exporter Pro - Get an overview of the options available in Hyena and Exporter Pro for extracting NTFS and share permissions for multiple directories, shares, and computers.
Hyena Installation Guide - All the information you need to get Hyena up and running for Exchange, Active Directory, and Terminal Services administration can be found in this guide.
We've also added a new Hyena Settings Guide to help with copying, sharing, backing up, and restoring Hyena configuration settings.